Primary care networks (PCNs) consist of GP practices working together with a range of local providers. These include services in primary care, social care, and the voluntary and community sector. The aim is to offer more personalised and coordinated health and social care to their local populations.
Each PCN is set up with between 30,000 and 50,000 patients to provide care to match the range of needs across the population. This includes flexible access to advice and support for ‘healthier’ sections of the population and joined-up care for those with complex conditions.
We have agreements with to provide support to all seven networks in Newcastle.
This includes project support, meeting administration, financial reporting, governance and HR services. We have worked with the networks to recruit staff including link workers, clinical staff, and an executive assistant.
We have developed a robust financial reporting system providing assurance around financial transactions and a forward- looking dashboard allowing PCNs to financially forecast and plan.
We have worked with networks on the set-up of a range of projects including; establishing older people wellbeing assessors with the Outer West Network, an exercise and obesity project with the East Network and signposting and navigation training for admin staff with Central, Inner West and Outer West.
In Newcastle, networks are set up as follows (M = NGPS member practice). You can see our member practices on a map.
- Throckley Primary Care Centre (M)
- Parkway Medical Group (M)
- Denton Park Medical Group (M)
- Newburn Surgery (M)
- Denton Turret Medical Centre (M)
- Westerhope Medical Group (M)
West End Family Health
- Fenham Hall Medical Group (M)
- Betts Avenue Medical Centre (M)
- Elswick Family Practice (was Grainger Medical Group) (M)
- Prospect Medical Group (M)
- Dilston Medical Centre (M)
- Park Medical Group (M)
- Brunton Park Health Centre (M)
- Broadway Medical Centre (M)
- Regent Medical Centre (M)
- Gosforth Memorial Medical Centre (M)
- Jesmond Health Partnership (formerly Osborne Road and Holly Medical Group) (M)
- Roseworth Surgery (M)
- The Grove Medical Group (M)
- Avenue Medical Practice (M)
- St Anthony’s Health Centre (M)
- Heaton Road (M)
- Thornfield Medical Group (M)
- Benfield Park Medical Group (M)
- Biddlestone Health Group (M)
- Walker Medical Group (M)
- Newcastle Medical Centre (M)
Read more about PCNs on the NHS England website.