Since October 2018 we have taken responsibility for the management of Elswick Family Practice (formerly known as Grainger Medical Group), a GP practice in Elswick, Newcastle.
NGPS were awarded a 10-year contract to run the practice and support staff to offer high-quality primary care services to nearly 7,000 patients.
Since then we have worked closely with practice staff to ensure the practice is stabilised after a long period of successive provider ownership.
As of January 2020, we also manage Avenue Medical practice in Jesmond.
ELSWICK RATED by the CQC as ‘Good’
The independent regulator for health and social care in England, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), has rated the services provided by Elswick Family Practice as ‘Good’ following an inspection on 10 September 2019.
A team of CQC inspectors visited the surgery to assess whether the practice was safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led. They found significant improvement from the last inspection in July 2018, when the practice was rated as ‘Requires Improvement’.
Inspectors found that:
- The practice provided care in a way that kept patients safe and protected them from avoidable harm.
- Patients received effective care and treatment that met their needs.
- Staff dealt with patients with kindness and respect and involved them in decisions about their care.
- The practice organised and delivered services to meet patients’ needs.
- Patients could access care and treatment in a timely way.
- The way the practice was led and managed promoted the delivery of high-quality person-centred care.
The full report was published on Tuesday 22 October and is available on the CQC website.